Saturday, August 10, 2013

Angel on a Jet Ski



Angel on a Jet Ski


Robin Clifford, Class of 2016
Spartanburg, South Carolina

Surely God is my Salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The Lord,
the Lord Himself, is my strength and my defense,
He has become my salvation. Isaiah 12:2
    
            I spent most of my summer at the lake. It was refreshing to splash around in the cool green water and not have to worry about school work. One particular sunny day, me and my brother were being pulled behind the boat on an inner tube. My dad and some friends were in the boat, and my brother and I were thrashing around in the roaring waters behind. We were having so much fun with nothing to worry about. Every once in a while, my brother or I would let go, and we would be left in the lake. The one still on the tube would scream and holler until the people in the boat swung back around to pick up the “lost one.” There were a lot of people out that day, so the water close to the house was crowded. In order to avoid crashing, we decided to go to the other side of the island that was empty of people. We spun in circles and zig zags, trying not to fall off. Somewhere in the crazy ride, my brother lost his grip. He slid into the water without me noticing. After several minutes I suddenly realized he was gone.
            With panic rushing through my veins, I screamed at my dad to turn around and find him. As he slowed the roar of the boat, I craned my neck in all directions to see my little brother floating on the waves. I looked as hard as I could, but I couldn't find him. I was shaking with worry as we drove around looking for him. No one was around to see him fall, so we didn’t know exactly where to look for him. Just when I thought my brother was gone for good, I heard the weak roar of a Jet Ski. I whipped around to see who was coming, and there was a man on a purple jet ski with my brother right behind him. My mom was crying as the man helped my brother into the boat. Thinking about it now, I don't remember seeing a Jet Ski like that ever on the lake before. I'm sure it was an angel that God sent to save my brother. Without that man on the purple Jet Ski, we could have lost him.
            I am so thankful that God protects every one of His children. I was reminded that day that when we place all of our trust in Him, there is no need for me to be afraid of anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment