Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Blessings in Obedience



Blessings in Obedience

By Joshua Cale, Class of 2013
Candler, North Carolina

If you listen obediently to the Voice of  God, your God, and heartily obey all his commandments that I command you today,  God , your God, will place you on high, high above all the nations of the world. All these
blessings will come down on you and spread out beyond you because you have responded to the Voice of God, your God. Deuteronomy 28:1,2

            I have lived my life believing that if you follow the path that God has set for us, He will give us a future. But this is really the first time I have seen and recognized this occurance in my own life. 
            During my years of school I didn't get the best grades in the world, but I managed to get by.  In high school, I struggled with and failed a couple of classes, and I had to take correspondence classes to make those classes up. It was challenging  to do that, but, I survived it, and I passed them. 
            As for SAT testing, I was not real concerned about it.  I did not spend time preparing at all.  Consequently, my test scores were not the best I could have gotten.
            If you had asked me a few months ago, with my grades and SAT scores, if  I was going to be able to get into any college, much less a decent one, I might have shrugged and said, “who knows?”  In fact, many people in my shoes would probably have even given up on attending a four-year college and hoped to attend a community college for a while.
            But I and my family prayed about it a lot.  I committed to live my life in such a way that was honoring, obeying, and glorifying God.  I claimed His promise to bless me.  I had to stand strong in my faith and trust that He would help me go where He wanted me to attend (despite my scores).  So, I applied to six colleges, and so far, I have been accepted by two of them.
            God is so good.  He has even given me choices!  I promise to honor Him by doing my absolute best and serving Him wherever I go.

No comments:

Post a Comment