Sunday, August 11, 2013

Lost



Lost

By Jordyn Consignado, Class of 2016
Charlotte, North Carolina

Give your burdens to the Lord, and He will take care of you.
He will not permit the godly to slip and fall. Psalm 55:22

            It was the summer of 2006 on the day after my birthday. My dad, my step mom, whom I call Ms. Anita, her three children, my 4-year-old younger brother, Logan, and I went to the Wild Waves Theme Park in Federal Way, Washington, for my 8th birthday.
            At the pirate-themed water park my dad and Ms. Anita were sitting on beach chairs while my siblings and I were splashing each other with the cold water. The water made us cold so we decided to leave and go to the hot tubs adjacent to the huge wave pools.
            It had been 15 minutes or so when my dad noticed that Logan, my brother, was missing. He told us to go look for him and meet back at the hot tubs if we found him. Immediately, I got out of the hot tub, along with my siblings, and searched for my little brother. I became very worried,  thinking of the terrible things that could happened. Eventually, I started to cry. I was crying and wandering around like a lost child. I felt as though I had searched the whole theme park for Logan! I decided to give up and sat on a bench near the park. I began to do something my parents and school had taught me my whole life -- pray. And that's exactly what I did. "Dear Jesus, please help me or someone to find my brother. Help him to be safe. Amen."
            As soon as I finished that prayer, I heard someone crying. I turned my head expecting to see an upset infant, but I was wrong. It was my baby brother in Ms. Anita's arms crying like a baby. I ran up to them, crying, and gave them a huge hug. At that moment, I realized God had answered my prayer.
            I was scared, worried, and anxious. But then I prayed to God and He answered my prayer. I have learned from this experience that when I am lost, I can call on Him to help me. He never lets me down.

1 comment: