Friday, August 2, 2013

Opening Doors



Opening Doors

By Manuel Onate, Class of 2014
Waynesboro, Virginia

“For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
Jeremiah 29:11

            WHY?! Why did I do such a stupid thing? I was sitting there in the office thinking of everything that was going on. What would I do if I got expelled?  What about my friends?  What would they think?  Where would I go to school?   What about my family?
            As I waited for administration to make their decision on my fate, I said potential good-byes to my friends.  But I hoped that my good-bye would not be permanent.  I prayed that things would work out for me to stay at that school.  However, when I spoke to the dean, I was dissappointed to hear that I would need to leave immediately and would not be allowed to return.  Now what?
            I decided that I wanted to attend Mount Pisgah Academy.  But my mom wanted me to stay home.  We argued about it for a couple of weeks, then she said that if the school would take me, I could go, but that she wouldn’t pay for it.  At least I had hope.
            I earnestly prayed and told God, “Lord, if you want me to go to MPA, please give me a sign and find a way to pay the school.”  When I was at the other school, my grandmother was paying the monthly payments, so after talking with her, she agreed to keep on helping me.  I still had to come up with the entrance fee.  I spoke with my aunt about it, but I didn’t think she would help.  But two days later, she told me that she would give me $200 and that she had contacted my other grandparents and that they had agreed to pay $1000. When she told me that, I was thanking the Lord in so many ways! I was so full of joy. God gave me more than what I asked for. God showed huge confidence in me, and I will not let Him down.
            Now I’m at Mount Pisgah Academy, and I love it here. Without God’s help this wouldn’t be possible.  But He opened doors for me and is drawing me ever closer to Him.
            Trust that His plans are for the best for you too, and have faith in His plan for your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment