Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Changing Lives



Changing Lives

By Kali Huskey, Class of 2014
Belton, South Carolina

But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners,
Christ died for us. Romans 5:8.

            Going to Nicaragua on a mission trip was truly amazing.  I was really nervous about preaching a Share Him campaign. I wasn’t sure how it was going to turn out.
            My first night preaching I had about thirty people there.  I was really excited.  I had never preached to that many people before. Something else that was really exciting was that fifteen of the people at my meeting were children. When I saw all of the kids surrounding me, my heart was filled with peace and love. It amazed me that all of those kids came to listen to me preach.
            On my fourth night the kids really started to open up and talk to me. I could understand them for the most part, but I couldn’t really respond to them. (I don’t know Spanish very well.)  So when I would try to say something, they would laugh at me.
            My second week there, on one of the nights I talked about baptism, I made a call to anyone who wanted to be baptized.  Six people came forward.  Praise God!  It brought me to tears knowing that I -- no, not me, but God -- had touched that many peoples’ lives.  That little group continued to study and by the end of the series were ready to be baptized.
            The last Sabbath there we all piled into a cattle truck and headed to my friend Mazin’s preaching sight.  We were going to meet up with his group and all go down to the river for baptism. He had a good many that wanted to be baptized, as well. All six of the people that came up front to my call that night were baptized on that beautiful Sabbath.
            It is so amazing to see how God works in peoples’ lives.  It was very exciting to see them grow stronger in Him throughout each meeting.
            I am so thankful that I had the opportunity to go and preach the word of God to others.  It really touched my heart and helped me realize that no matter where we are, we are a missionary.  And each of us can do something to share God with others.

1 comment: