Thursday, August 1, 2013

At the Lowest



At the Lowest

By Christopher Bankes, Class of 2013
Asheville, North Carolina

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God.
I will strengthen you and help you;
I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.  Isaiah 41:10.

            This past year has been rough. Rough like sandpaper. Somehow I have made it through a lot of testing endeavors, and I think there is a reason for it. I have deviated from what God may have wanted for me in a lot of ways, but it has taught me a lot. He finally gave me a real eye opener at the end of the summer when I woke up in the hospital one morning.
            I had overdosed the night before. I was so unhappy with myself and at such a seemingly low point in life, that I didn't even want to continue. I felt like I was at the point where there wasn't any going back to even try and return to normal life. I thought there was no where to turn. Thankfully, God proved me wrong. He kept me alive after that night, and He has helped me so much the past few months. He has showed me reasons to continue life, and shown me that I really do have potential.
            Last summer I was at the lowest point that I've ever felt. I thought I was alone in the world, but God has been there by my side through everything that has happened. Even after all of the mistakes I've made, and poor decisions and actions I've chosen, God still accepts me. He loves me, and His love is always growing stronger for me.
            Whenever hard times approach, just always rely on God and know that things will always get better. God has great plans for each and every one of us, and He will always be the one sticking by your side through difficult times. "So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."  Isaiah 41:10


No comments:

Post a Comment