Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Above the Devil's Influence



Above the Devil’s
Influence 

By Daniel J. Varela, Class of 2016
Linden, North Carolina

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like
a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. 1 Peter 5:8
           
            "Mom, look what I brought home from the library!" I said, thrilled.
            "Twilight, really DJ? What have I told you about reading those types of books? You're opening a door for the Devil," she said.
            "No I'm not! I'm just reading interesting books, and besides what could go wrong?"
            "Do whatever you think is right DJ. But your Dad and I have taught you better."
            "I know, but I just wanted to read the book everyone's been talking about." I said as I swiftly walked to my room. I went straight to my wooden, bunk-bed, to get some sleep for the next school day. As I was slowly but steadily drifting sleep, I felt negative energy in the room, and it was making me feel really uncomfortable and vulnerable. I knew it was watching me sleep. But I didn't think much of it until I had a dream that made me aware of what I had brought in the room.
            In my dream I woke up needing to use the bathroom. As I walked to the bathroom, I felt a very demonic presence. I abruptly turned to go to the living room where I felt secure and safe. Then all of a sudden something pulled me with a grip of steel to the bathroom. I immediately knew it was demons trying to forcefully bring me to the bathroom. So with all my might, I tried to get away by attacking them. As I was franticly looking for help I saw my mother and sister seated on the rocky fireplace, staring at me with a blank, unemotional look on their faces, with the Holy Bible on their laps.
            "Mom why aren't you helping me!?" I asked desperately
            "It's the book, DJ. The book, the book, the book,"said my Mom.
            I woke up in a cold sweat, and prayed vigorously about what had just happened. The next day I returned the book. I then realized that the things that we read, watch, and listen to, can make us vulnerable. To this day I've been careful about the things I watch, read, and listen to and God is blessing me with sweet sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment