Sunday, June 16, 2013

The Decision



The Decision


By Gabriel Tanaka, Class of 2015
Cary, North Carolina

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord,
“plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you
hope and a future." Jeremiah 29:11

            The last day of my freshman year was a bittersweet moment because I knew that I would  not see a lot of these people again. As I said goodbye to everyone, the decision of where to go to school the following year was heavy on my heart. I had to decide whether to stay in public school or to leave home and go to Mount Pisgah Academy (MPA).
            When summer began I was leaning towards staying in public school. I had made a lot of friends there; I had fun; and I learned a lot. I was completely happy with where I was, but there was still a part of me that wanted to go to MPA.
            As the summer went on, I prayed a lot for God to show me where He wanted me to be. I kept going back and forth between which school to go to. Slowly, as the summer went on, I became more certain I should go to MPA. By the end of July I had no doubt that God wanted me to go to Mount Pisgah Academy. I knew that I was going to miss public school and all my friends, but I felt that MPA was the right place for me.
        God didn't answer my prayer overnight; I didn't just have a sudden feeling and know where I was supposed to go, it took time. I was patient and kept praying for God to show me and help me be sure of where I was supposed to be. Over time, God nudged me and showed me that I was supposed to be at MPA.
            God has a plan for each one of our lives. He wants us to prosper; He doesn't want to harm us. He knows the best place for us to be. If we pray to Him earnestly, and if we are patient and listen to Him, He will give us peace. With this peace we will be able to follow His will even when we're not sure where He's taking us.

No comments:

Post a Comment