Sunday, June 23, 2013

He Works in Mysterious Ways



He Works in
Mysterious Ways


By Julio Mateo, Class of 2014
Charlotte, North Carolina

“For I know the plans I have for you,” says the Lord, “they are plans for good not evil, to give you a future and hope.” Jeremiah 29:11

            On September 31, 2012, I found myself sitting in my deans’ office with my roommate right beside me. Our dean began to question us about what he found in our room and why it was in there.  We told him the whole truth about what we were doing and why he found what he did in our room. After questioning us he phoned the principal and told him what had happened with me and my roommate. Before long, the principal was in the office with us telling me and my roommate to pack our stuff and phone our parents to come get us. I called my dad and informed him of the unpleasant news.
            With my bags packed, and me sitting in my dad’s truck, it finally hit me: I had just been kicked out of academy. The feeling of finality hit me.  At that moment I wish I could have gone back in time and redone those events. I could barely sleep that night thinking of the mistake I had made.
            So my parents and I applied to Mount Pisgah Academy.  Under strict conditions, they let me in. 
            I can now say that my coming to MPA has been a huge blessing for me and I love it here. I feel more of a family environment than I have ever felt in any other school. The staff here are so friendly and have accepted me like any other student (without a cloud over my head). I truly feel like God has blessed me in giving me the opportunity to come to MPA and let me grow more spiritually in Him. God has blessed and saved me.
            I can’t say that I’m glad I made the mistake at the other school -- I regret that.  But I can honestly say that God has worked things out for the best.  I needed to be here at Mount Pisgah Academy.  This is home.
            Sometimes life seems hard and when it does, you just have to keep reminding yourself that God has a bigger plan for you and sometimes “bad” things will just lead to better ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment