Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mistake Forgiven



Mistake Forgiven

By Josue Mercado, Class of 2014
Hickory, Lincolnton

Have I not commanded you? Be strong and of good courage; do not be afraid, nor be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you
wherever you go.  Joshua 1:9

            Mistakes are easy to make and hard to forget. Following our desires is not always a good thing, and can get us in trouble.
            This happened to me.  One piece of me told the other half of me to do a wrong thing.  I tried so hard to stop but I let myself do it anyway.  On a mall trip I took something that didn’t belong to me. Getting in trouble that day was not fun.  I had to face the authorities, who could have sent me to jail, and I was humiliated.
            I prayed so hard to God for forgiveness and love because I felt so alone. After a prayer I did feel more calm and relaxed.  I knew that God fixed my remorseful heart and replaced it with a new one.   But I was still afraid of facing my parents.  I know they love me but I was ashamed.
            At school I was told to pack my bags for a suspension.  That was hard...I hoped I could re-gain everyone’s trust.  I was sent home the next day and had to face my parents.  It was really hard and scary because I didn’t know what they were going to say.  When I got home and opened the door where my mom was sitting, I teared up and fell to my knees and asked her for forgiveness.  She said, “I have already forgiven you.  No matter what, I will always love you and forgive you because you’re my boy.” Hearing those words made me so happy.  I’ve never felt so loved before.
            After my suspension I needed to go back to school, but I wasn’t ready to go back. I was torn.  I love my school, but I didn’t know how I could face everyone.  Would they look at me differently?  Would they talk about me? Would my friends stick with me?  But my mom encouraged me to return and told me that my true friends would stick with me.
            Returning to MPA was a blessing -- it is a second home for me with family that I love.  I was able to even preach a Share Him campaign in Spanish on our Nicaragua mission trip.  I feel so very blessed.
            I have made a heart-change this year.  I want God to lead in everything I do.  Just like my parents, He loves me no matter what I do.  But I want to do right to please Him, because He first loved me.  Praise the Lord for forgiveness.

No comments:

Post a Comment