Friday, June 21, 2013

Here I Am Again



Here I Am Again

By Shyenne Butler, Class of 2013
Atlanta, Georgia

It is better to dwell in the wilderness,
than with a contentious and an angry woman. Proverbs 21: 19

Here I am
Back where I began
It all started, from one little sin
So here I am… again 
I don’t know what happened
I had the victory earlier, but Satan tested me and I fell
Now I sit here, feeling all locked up, as if I’m in a jail cell
I hurt the people I love, while trying to seek revenge
Now I feel like a door, with no hinge
At first when it all happened, there was that demon’s voice
It told me that if I sat there and let someone walk all over my pride, I would be making an unwise choice
My heart was thumping, bumping, and pumping, while pounding hard against my chest
I then released all of the words that cut like knives, and made sure I did my best
At that moment I failed my test

Another scene

Now I’m on my knees trying to undo what I did
God lovingly let me know once you’ve said something; you can’t replace it with a lid
Well now I know, I am sure
I learned something the hard way, I should’ve learned before
Yeah, the other person could have helped some
This isn’t about their faults though, it’s about mine
With that being said, I need to stop trying to paint my own pictures,
And let God do the whole design

No comments:

Post a Comment