Tuesday, July 16, 2013

God Hears You



God Hears You


By Abby Andrews, Class of 2014
Kernersville, North Carolina

You will keep in perfect peace Him whose mind is steadfast,
because He trusts in you. Isaiah 26:3

            Everyone always told me that my junior year of academy would be the hardest, but I never believed them. I thought I would be just fine. "Stay positive!" I told myself.
            However, once the year got underway I realized and understood why everyone said it was so hard. With early morning classes, a full schedule, and extracurriculars going on there's a lot to balance, and some days I feel like I can't handle it.
            There was one particular day I remember feeling this way. My day had begun at 7 AM as usual and it was about 3 o'clock in the afternoon. I had made it through all my classes except one, Spanish, and I was so exhausted. I felt like I wouldn't make it through the class. I got to the class and there were some other students that were feeling the same way, we decided to pray. We prayed for energy and encouragement.  We even prayed that class would be cancelled. We sat in the classroom for a while but our teacher never showed up -- sure enough, we got the word that the teacher had an emergency and class had been canceled! The biggest rush of relief came over me, and I had never felt so great.
            I know that it might not be practical to pray that God will cancel a class, but it's what I needed, and God knew that! God gives peace to those who trust in Him and that's exactly what we did. We cried out to God and trusted that He would help us and indeed He did. God never gives us more than we can handle and He knows when we are at our breaking point. He is always with you no matter what and He listens to you when you cry out to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment