Sunday, July 7, 2013

Unforgettable Trip



Unforgettable Trip

By Chinci Lu, Class of 2013
Beijing, China

“I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End,” says the Lord God,“who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.”
Revelation 1:8

            Three years ago, my whole family visited France. I was totally ready and excited for that trip.  I did a lot of research and made the whole itenerary for our family vacation.  It was fun to make the plan and then to actually see the sights.  I truly had so much fun at the beginning of that trip.  However, I was in for a meaningful surprise.
            One day during that trip, I went to a Christian church. It was a quiet and tiny church. I didn’t think many people would be around so, just out of curiosity, I went inside and checked it out. Inside, I found an old man sitting there holding a kitten. According to my observation, I was pretty sure he was a begger who slept in the church.  I knew that in France most churches allow the poor or homeless people to stay in the shelter of the church.
            I noticed that the man was just sitting and staring at the statue of  Jesus Christ.  I thought, “Why is he sitting there with a kitten and staring at Jesus Christ?”  “What is he thinking about?”
            I couldn’t contain my curiosity.  I had to find out his story.  Here is what I learned.
            He had lived with his cat for 6 years -- they were family.  Two months prior, his cat had accidentally gotten lost from him.  As a devoted Christian, he kept praying that God would help him find his “treasure” and sure enough, a miracle happened.  One day he found that his cat was standing exactly where he was sitting in the church. He couldn’t believe what God had done for him...that the Almighty cared so much.  His faith was strengthened.  So, he faithfully visits the church to thank God for helping him.  And that’s where I found him...sitting there and staring at the stature of Jesus, with a prayer of thanksgiving.
            God always cares for us.  Many people are quick to ask something of Him.  And sometimes He answers our prayers with a “yes,” sometimes a “no,” and sometimes a “later.”  He knows what’s best for us.  But do we thank Him...no matter what His answer is?  Let us give thanks to our Almighty God for helping us at all times. 

No comments:

Post a Comment