Saturday, July 20, 2013

My Experience in God



My Experience in God


By Ryan Cho, 
Class of 2014
Seoul,Korea 

And they say, “How doth God know?
And is there knowledge in the most High?” Psalm 73:11

            When I was five years old, my family was walking along the lake’s edge at a local park.  I liked watching the ducks swim, and went close to the edge of the lake so that I could give them some snacks.
            Unfortunately, I lost my balance and fell into the lake. I did not know how to swim at all and thought that I would surely die. Underwater, I saw a bluish and bright sphere squirming in the lake. It looked so beautiful and I tried to kick and follow it.  Just as I would reach it, it would move beyond me.  Eventually, I burst out of the water. I saw my family crying on the shore.
            My parents say that I fainted as soon as I came out of the lake and I was taken to the hospital right away. Doctors said that it was a miracle that I survived since I was underwater for a few minutes. I believe that God   saved me and gave me a chance to live on and honor Him.
            I know that not every story has a happy ending though.  Recently, my uncle passed away and my grandfather had a stroke. I went to the funeral during the winter break and cried sorrowfully. The fact that my uncle did not believe in God gave me worries about him. I wish that he would be raised when the Lord comes again. Also, I wish that my grandfather would fully recover from the stroke that he has had. I do not want another person to leave me behind. I have loved my family and siblings with all my heart and I have experienced the first near-person death in my life. It was horrible and sad.
            When bad things happen, it is easy to question God.  Even the Psalmist did.  Psalm 73:11 says “How would God know? Does the Most High know anything?” The answer is, yes He does!  But often His knowledge is beyond our comprehension.  Even when I didn’t know Him (when I was a child), He knew me and came to save me to show a miracle to the people around me.  And I know He is by my grandfather’s bedside.
            I am so glad that I learned about God when I came to the United States. This knowledge has given me a profound feeling that this Lord is the Savior. Whether in good times or in bad, I will always honor God, my Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment