Tuesday, July 9, 2013

The Power of Prayer



The Power of Prayer

By Ethan Rogers, Class of 2013
Bermuda

And all things, whatsoever ye shall ask in prayer, believing,
ye shall receive.  Matthew 21:22

            About a year ago, my father was diagnosed with prostate cancer. When I found out, I was worried because I had heard a lot of stories about  people dying from cancer. My daddy didn’t really show a lot of emotion to the fact that he had cancer; I guess he was just trying to stay strong for the family.     But I was really bothered by it; this was something really serious.
            Since the diagnosis, my daddy had been going to a lot of doctor appointments.  One morning before an appointment, I prayed ernestly that the doctors could find a way to help him.  I was scared but I put my trust in God as I pleaded with Him. 
            When my dad came home he had good news. He told us that the doctors discovered the cancer in its early stages and that there was a great chance that they could treat him and be rid of it for good.
            To me this was a really big prayer that God had answered. It showed me the power of prayer and how much God really cares for us and wants us to be happy and love him. My dad went away to Boston for treatment and a couple weeks later he came back home and told us that they had gotten rid of the cancer. It was a big burden off my shoulders that my dad was back to being healthy.
            Prayers are really powerful.  We shouldn’t wait until bad situations happen to pray to God, but we should pray to Him always so that we can build a relationship with Him.  What an awesome God that allows us to speak with Him anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment