Wednesday, July 24, 2013

God's Blessing



God’s Blessing

By Tiara James, Class of 2014
Greenville, North Carolina

Finally, be strong in the Lord and His mighty power. Ephesians 6:10

            I had just finished up my freshmen year at Mount Pisgah Academy. I was so excited to be heading home for the summer. I was thrilled to be able to see all of my family, especially my grandma. My grandma and I have a great friendship. She is my best friend and has always been there for me when I need her advice. My grandma knows all the right things to say when I need her help.
            At home, around July, my grandma announced that she had cancer. At that time, I refused to believe it.  Not her! When I came to terms that she indeed had cancer, all I could think was, “Why?” I felt so hurt that she could be diagnosed with cancer. Soon it came down to that time to head back to school. Now I really didn’t want to return.  I wanted to stay close to her.  But everyone convinced me to go back to MPA, so I did.
            I was so excited to see my friends, but at the same time I missed my grandma and wanted to be with her. I struggled with my grades and started pushing my friends away. But they still stuck by my side and helped me through those hard times. Every time my grandmother would go in to surgery, they would always be by my side praying along with me. I am dearly grateful for them.
            As the school year was coming to an end, my grandmother was doing better. On a Wednesday night, I got a phone call from my mother saying that my grandmother had earlier gone in for a doctor’s appointment and that she was cancer free! I got down on my knees and thanked the Lord for all that He had done for my grandma.
            I am thankful for all the friends that I have made here. I am thankful for their support and encouragement. I am thankful that I can count on God for everything. I am so blessed to go to a school where I know God is here. And I am especially thankful for the blessing that God bestowed upon my grandma.

No comments:

Post a Comment