Saturday, July 13, 2013

Like Father, Like Son



Like Father, Like Son

 By Bradley Russell, Class of 2013   
Charlotte, North Carolina

…For He Himself has said, “I will never leave you nor forsake you.” So we may boldly say: “The Lord is my helper; I will not fear.
What can man do to me?”  Hebrews 13:5-6

            It’s amazing how fast I connected to my dad, even though I was adopted. As soon as I found out that this man would be my father, I had trust in him. I was only 8 at the time, and had lived a long time in a Russian orphanage.  I had been through a lot of rejection.  The only love I had experienced was with my brother. But there was something about this man, ready to show love to his new son.
            My new dad cared for me from the beginning, and never stopped loving me. I always knew I was safe and was in good hands when I was with my dad. He has saved me when I was drowning, sheltered me when I was wet, picked me up when I fell down, and wiped the tears from my eyes. My dad has been my best friend, my teacher, and my helper. He is a wise man and I know he would do anything for his family. He will sacrifice his time, and put away the things he needs to get done, just to listen. I look up to him and I could not ask for a better dad. As I graduate and grow up, I know who to go to whenever I have questions.
            If a father can love his son that much, how much more does God love his children? Our God is so amazing. No words can describe His love for us. He died, and went through so much pain, just so we can be with Him for eternity. We forgive one another, but God forgives and forgets. When he looks at us, he only sees His son, not a sinful man. Just like a father will do anything to keep his child safe, our God will do that, plus more. Our wants should be put aside, and we need to do what God wants for us. He just wants a close relationship with us, just like a father with his son.

No comments:

Post a Comment