Friday, July 12, 2013

The Straight and Narrow



The Straight and Narrow

By Ricci Briana Williams, Class of 2014
Orlando, Florida

Whether you turn to the right or the left, your ears will hear a voice behind you, saying, "This is the way; walk in it.” Isaiah 30:21

            Bluntly stated, my freshman year was horrifying. It was the type of year a student dreams about having. But not the good dreams; the bad ones. It was mind-numbingly lonely and confusing. I attended a large academy in Florida my freshman year, and not to say it isn't a good school, but it wasn't a good school for me. I belonged at Mount Pisgah.
            In 8th grade, my friend Will Chappell told me he was going to attend Mount Pisgah Academy. I was sad to be losing him but my ears perked up at the thought of an adventure! I got on the school’s website and immediately emailed Mr. Anderson. I told him I was in eighth grade, I couldn't afford the school, but I wanted to come anyway.
            Although it didn’t work out for me to attend my freshman year, I did not give up the dream.  I prayed.  I prayed that God would get me here and I prayed it was the path I should be walking. 
            Things weren't completely working out the way I wanted them to. My father didn't want me at Mount Pisgah...he didn't want me to leave Florida. Also, money was a big issue. None of this looked like I would make it. So I prayed even more.
            I found out that if I would agree to work at MPA in the summer, and we could come up with part of the finances, things could be worked out.  I was happy to do so. The time for me to leave home was getting closer and I was nervous that things wouldn’t work out.  But just at the last minute, a financial miracle occured and I left for Pisgah (without the blessing from my dad).  But I knew that I was in God’s will.
            I have just finished my second year at Mount Pisgah Academy, and I love it here.  I know that God worked things out so that I could attend the school that was meant for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment