Sunday, July 28, 2013

Strength to Overcome



Strength to Overcome

By Allie Bermudez, Class of 2014
Advance, North Carolina

I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. Philippians 4:13
           
            The sound of an alarm clock brought me from my sleep into a new day. Tired and worn from days past, I felt overwhelmed and doubtful. But I got up and read out of God’s Word. I still didn’t trust completely. Then I got on my knees and prayed, telling God that I needed Him. I asked Him to give me words to speak and to give me strength. An impression came to my mind to open my Bible to a place that I had marked with a sticky note. So I opened it to the page marked. As I was scanning through the page, I came upon Philippians 4:13. I sat in awe just reading those assuring words.
            Every day, trials come for me to endure. I can become so frustrated by something to the point where tears fall. The enemy throws every temptation he can to discourage any connection with God. There is a struggle every moment for my salvation. If I am not focused on God, on the path to Him, I can easily fall down the steep slopes of sin. But I can’t do anything without being connected to Him. (See John 15:4-5) That is why I take the  time to spend with my Savior every day. I know He has perfect plans for me. All I have to do is trust that He will carry me through anything and everything. I know He has already started a good work in me. (See Philippians 1:6) He has changed me to be His girl. He is molding and making something new of me, especially when I pray. He has and is giving me opportunities to show His amazing love. He is expanding my knowledge and understanding to share, for His kingdom to come.
            I am willing to put Him first day by day, because He put me first. I accept His promises to be true because I have seen them fulfilled in my life. I am confident to obey and honor the One who took my place. I realize that anything I accomplish is done through my Maker. He is the strength in whom I depend. Whatever challenge it may be, I will overcome all through Christ who overcame.

No comments:

Post a Comment