Thursday, July 11, 2013

Lost in the Airport



Lost in the Airport

By Richard Kim, Class of 2013
South Korea

For the Son of Man came to seek and to save the lost. Luke 19:10

            Three years ago I was coming back to the United States from summer vacation. When I got off the plane, I noticed that I had lost my wallet. So I asked one of my friends to go to “Lost and Found” with me which was located outside of security.  But they did not have my wallet.
            We walked back toward the gate where my other friends were waiting. When we got to the security check-point I realized that, in our rush to get to “Lost and Found,” we forgot to bring out passports and flight tickets with us.
            My friend asked them to please let us through security, but they said that they could not let us through without a passport. My friend and I felt so miserable.  We could not even call our other friends for help because they were too far away. 
            Since my friend was a faithful Christian, he asked me to pray with him..  Together we prayed for a miracle...and that we would be able to meet our friends and continue on our journey. 
            Right after our prayer, one man told us to go to the booking place and ask them for our flight ticket. When we got to the booking place, they let us have our flight ticket. So we went back to security. They checked our flight ticket and let us in without our passports. By that time we should have missed our flight and friends, but when we got to the gate, our friends were waiting for us to come and told us that the flight had been delayed.                             Finally, we got on the plane successfully and continued our trip. Whenever I think of that event, I always think of how God answered our prayer and helped us by giving us a new flight ticket to go through.  He even delayed our flight so we would make it.
            God is Good!

No comments:

Post a Comment