Friday, July 5, 2013

Stressed!



Stressed!
By Andrew Thomas, Class of 2014
Asheville, North Carolina

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose. Romans 8:28

            I have always been told by my sister and all of her friends that the  junior year in high school is the hardest. I never believed them. I mean, why would I? I thought they were just overreacting to their homework, but now that I am a junior I completely agree!
            I started this school year saying “I can do this with all A’s!” Now that I realize how hard my classes are I am OK with a couple B’s.  I am taking two extremely hard classes this year: Algebra 2 and Chemistry. With these two classes, plus my other four, it seems that I am always busy with homework which causes me to become stressed!
            To add to my stress at the beginning of the year, I had to learn how to do my school work on the iPad.  This is the first year that Pisgah has used iPads. We use them for everything that has to do with school including: textbooks, homework assignments, etc.  At the beginning of the school year I had to learn how to use my new iPad as well as keep up with my homework, so it took me twice as long to get my homework done as it does now. A couple of weeks into the year I had a Chemistry and Algebra 2 test on the same day and I was stressing majorly! I did not understand any of the material we were supposed to know.
            After a couple hours of studying, I opened my Bible to Romans and while reading, a verse stuck out to me. This verse was Romans 8:28 which says “And we know that all things work together for good to them who love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.” After I read that, a sense of calmness came over me. I knew that as long as I did my best, the test results would be good.
            Remember, whenever you are really stressed out, that God is with you and will never leave you. Even though we may have to adjust to new things and difficult tasks, He will never give us more than we can bear.  And now, I’m looking forward to my senior year!

No comments:

Post a Comment