Saturday, July 6, 2013

He Has a Plan



He Has a Plan
By Andrew Thomas, Class of 2014
Asheville, North Carolina

 You intended to harm me, but God intended it for good to accomplish what is now being done, the saving of many lives. Genesis 50:20

            This summer I worked at FLAG (Fun Learning About God) Camp at the Arden SDA Church with my best friend Jeremy. He and I have been in Pathfinders, and were homeschooled together during our elementary years.
            He and I planned on having a great summer together at FLAG Camp and working out to P90X, a fitness system. His family moved to Pennsylvania at the beginning of the summer, but since he still wanted to work at FLAG Camp, my parents said he could live with us.  We were so excited! He had just bought P90X a couple weeks earlier.
            The summer started out well and Jeremy and I were getting up every morning at 5:30 AM to do P90X before we went to work at 7:30 AM. Before we knew it, we were on week 6 of 9.  It was a Wednesday and that meant it was time for plyometrics.  There was just a little over 10 minutes left in that day’s workout which meant we had to do jump squat switches. We were on our last set and I turned without jumping because I was tired which stretched out my lateral meniscus and injured it.  This made me quite upset because I could not walk, let alone play with kids at work.  For about two weeks I had to sit on the side of the gym and watch everyone run around me, which was extremely hard for an active person like myself. 
            On the second day after I hurt myself, I saw this kid sitting in the corner of the gym all by himself. I limped over to Jason and sat down.  I started talking and found one of the sweetest little 5 year olds I had ever met.  After a couple minutes, he scooted closer to me and just as they called line call, he told me I just made his day by spending the morning play time with him.  When he told me that, I could not help but smile.
            Always remember even though something bad might happen to you, Jesus ALWAYS has a plan, big or small, and something good will come out of your negative experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment