Thursday, July 4, 2013

Why Adoption?



Why Adoption?
Jasmine Labrador, Class of 2015
 West Palm, Florida
 
Trust in The Lord with all your heart and
lean not on your own  understanding. Proverbs 3:5

            When I was about two years old my mother passed away.  My father was not a great man and was never really there for his family, so my two sisters, my brother, and I lived with my grandmother until I was four. But then we needed a new home because my grandmother was too old to take care of us. She went to the church and spoke to the pastor about helping her find a home for us. It was very difficult to find a home because no one wanted to take care of us as a result of our poor behavior.
            One day the pastor came over to our house with his wife. They sat and watched us play for a while when all of a sudden I ran to the pastor and my sister ran to his wife. Because of that, the Pastor decided that he and his wife would adopt both my twin sister Bianca and me.  I had a new home and a great family.  My younger sister, Alexsandra, was adopted by the pastor's wife's sister, and my brother stayed with my grandma .
            Everyday we would visit my brother, but one day he and my grandmother weren’t home,which was very odd. Their next door neighbor said that they had moved to Connecticut. From Florida, where we lived, to Connecticut is a long way, so I would call him everyday and just laugh and be happy, until one  day the calls stopped. We got news that my grandmother had passed away from cancer. It was hard to hear that the woman who took such good care of us was gone and we never got to say goodbye.
            A couple years passed by and we went up to Massachusetts with my aunt and uncle to visit my brother. He wasn't in the best condition, physically or  emotionally, and it was very hard to see him like that. But at the same time it felt so good to see him again. We spent as much time as we could together and we had so much fun."Time to go!" yelled my aunt. Those were the worst three words I have ever  heard in my life. We said our goodbyes and as we were driving away I began to cry when I saw the tears rolling down my brother's face. Not knowing the next time I would see him was so painful. It has been five years since I have spoken to my brother and it is difficult to think about where he is or how he is doing .
            I do not know the plans God has for me or my brother but I strive to do my best so that I can do His will. Sometimes I wonder why God allows us to go through certain situations, but I know that if we do our part God will bless us. 

No comments:

Post a Comment